(8 pages total)
Page 8 - Falun Gong: A Way of Cultivation Practice
Falun Gong is conscious cultivation practice
Thousands of millions of Falun Gong practitioners have found the meaning of life. In China, most of the senior practitioners had experienced the Cultural Revolution as well as various political struggles. It will be very hard for them to be fooled. Practitioners are from different professions; many of them are doctors, scientists, and lawyers. Some of them had different religions before they started to practice. At the time I decided to practice Falun Gong, I was living a comfortable life in the United States. I was going through strenuous residency and had little time. I do not believe in superstition. The reason we chose Falun Gong was not because we were despaired to find a spiritual believe to fill our mind, but because Falun Gong is a true science. Can 100 million Falun Gong practitioners be wrong? Possibly. Then again, they may have discovered "the land" that ordinary people can never be able to imagine. We hope that every one can practice Falun Gong and benefit from Falun Gong both physically and mentally like us.
Finally, all of my opinions outlined in the article are just my shallow understandings of Falun Gong at my current level. By no means could it represent the profound teachings of Mr. Li. In order to truly understand Falun Gong, one must read Mr. Li's teaching from cover to cover and practice it in daily life.
Lao Zi said, "When a wise man hears the Tao, he will practice it diligently. When an average man hears it, he will practice it on and off. When a foolish man hears it, he will laugh at it loudly. If he does not laugh loudly, it is not the Tao."
2. Stevenson, Ian, and Samararatne, Godwin; "Three New Cases of the Reincarnation Type in Sri Lanka with Written Records Made before Verification." Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 176:741, 1988.)
3. Many Lives, Many Masters (published by Simon & Schuster)
4. Lucas, R.J., et. al., Science, 284:505,1999
5. Faure, J.P., and M. Mirshahi, Current Eye Research, 9(Suppl): 163-7,1990
6. Yokoyama, S., Genes Cells, 1(9):787, 1996
7. Lolley, R.N., C.M. Craft, and R.H. Lee, Neurochem Res, 17(1): 81, 1992
8. Max, M. et. al., J. Biol Chem., 273(41):26820, 1998
9. Backster, Cleve: "Evidence of a Primary Perception in Plant Life", International Journal of Parapsychology, vol. 10, no. 4, Winter 1968, P. 329-348
10. Great Perfection Way of Falun Buddha Law* by Li Hongzhi
11. Zhuan Falun* by Li Hongzhi
12. Hong Yin* by Li Hongzhi (a collection of poems in Chinese only)
13. Falun Dafa Law Explication* by Li Hongzhi (in Chinese only)
14. Mr. Li's lectures overseas (not in book)
15. Falun Dafa Explication* by Li Hongzhi
16. Falun Buddha Law (Essentials for Further Advances)* by Li Hongzhi
*All of Master Li's works are available at the website: www.falundafa.org Beginners should start with Falun Gong.
Check the following websites for more scientific evidence. http://clearwisdom.net or http://falundafa-newengland.org/MA/science/
Tracey Zhu, M.D. came to the United States from Beijing, China in 1990. She did five years of research in Molecular Biology at Yale Medical School. She completed residency at the Hospital of Saint Raphael. Now she practices Internal Medicine and acupuncture in New Haven, Connecticut.©Reprinted fromthe Winter 2000 issue of Qi Journal
Return to Article Index